KEF Ci100.2QR Ceiling Speaker 50W 4 Ohm – Single
The quality of a speaker is no less important just because it’s out of sight – in fact, with ceiling-mounted units, it can be more so. Designed to smoothly integrate and architecturally match with existing downlighting sharing the same size bezel, KEF’s trademark Uni-Q® technology has a decisive performance advantage in these applications, because each point source driver array evenly disperses the sound, ensuring a smooth frequency response over a large area to create a spacious three-dimensional soundscape with genuine texture and depth. With a two-way Uni-Q driver of 100mm (4in.), the KEF Ci100.2QR Ceiling Speaker is as satisfyingly musical to hear as it is neat in appearance.
Features and Benefits: Purpose built for flush mounting into walls and ceilings these are the latest addition to the KEF Uni-Q Custom Installation series. Providing a compact solution to the problem of Hi-Fi quality sound from an in-wall/ceiling speaker, the Ci100.2QR consists of a polypropylene cone LF driver with the HF unit mounted at the acoustic centre of the LF unit. The bezel and grill can be painted to match the interior décor.
Description: Purpose built for flush mounting into walls and ceilings, the Ci100QR is the latest addition to the KEF Uni-Q Custom Installation Series.
Providing a compact solution to the problem of Hi-Fi quality sound from an in-wall/ceiling speaker, the Ci100QR consists of a 100mm white polypropylene cone LF driver with a 19mm HF unit mounted at the acoustic centre of the LF unit.
The Uni-Q drive unit is well renowned for its excellent dispersion characteristics, making the Ci100QR perfect for installation in non uniform environments, without compromising the reproduction across the listening area.
The 15cm deep detachable back-can supplied with the product, provides a sealed enclosure of 0.7 litres volume for optimum low frequency reproduction. Sprung fixing clips give flexibility of installation in ceilings and walls varying in thickness from 6mm to 30mm.
To conform to architectural specifications, the bezel and grill can be painted to match the interior décor.
The Ci Series Ci100.2QR is best suited for high quality music and speech reinforcement applications requiring hi-fi performance such as:
- Multi Room systems
- Home Theatre systems
- Lounges, Bars, Boutiques
- Boardrooms & Offices
- Airports, Convention Centres, Hotels
- Live Theatre/Concert Hall fill-in
- Houses of Worship
- Sports Arenas
- Model Ci100.2QR
- Amplifier Requirements 10 – 50W
- Nominal Impedance 4Ω
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) 83dB
- Frequency Response +/-6dB open-backed 90 – 27kHz
- Frequency Response +/-6dB With back can/rear enclosure 130 – 27kHz
- Crossover Frequency 3.5kHz
- Drive Units (LF / MF / HF) 75mm / – / 16mm
- Recommended Amplifier Power 10-50W
- Features Uni-Q Array, Removeable Plastic Back Can
- Product External Dimensions (Diameter / Width / Depth) 136mm (5.4in.) / – / 57mm (2.2in.) (back can off), 110mm (4.3in.) (back can off)
- Cut-out Dimension (Diameter) 118mm (4.65in.)
- Mounting Depth from Surface (Product only / With back can) 52mm (2in.) / 103mm (4.1in.)