Marantz PM5005 Amplifier 2 x 40W RMS
New to the Marantz collection, this excellent entry-level integrated amplifier breaks all the rules. That’s because it’s the first in its class to offer current feedback architecture – a feature that normally is reserved for the more expensive models.
This technology provides very fast and accurate signal handling, which results in perfectly balanced stereo sound reproduction as well as a very open and precise sound stage. It’s also been recently enhanced with performance–optimising discrete audio circuitry and fine-tuning components. In addition, this year’s model looks a little more stylish than last year’s, thanks to new elegant knob design. On top of that, it comes with a new remote and a new low-power stand-by and auto stand-by mode.
But back to being an amp: the PM5005 offers 40W per channel into 8 ohm or 55W into 4 ohm, and includes a metal chassis and a front metal panel to ensure a very rigid and solid base. It also has a Phono MM equaliser, as well as a Source Direct functionality to ensure shortest signal paths. Without doubt, the PM5005 has raised the performance bar in the so-called entry level area. Great sound. Amazing versatility.
- Integrated Current Feedback Amplifier with 2x 40W / 8 ohm rms
- Gold Plated Inputs/Outputs incl. Phono (MM) input
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 circuits
- Selected high quality audio components
- Fully discrete volume amplifier circuit
- Tone control and Source Direct function
- High quality Speaker Terminals (A / B switchable)
- Headphone output
- System remote to control Amplifier, CD-Player and Network Player
- Power Output (8 / 4 Ohm RMS) – 40 W / 55 W
- Frequency Response – 10 Hz – 50 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion – 0.05 %
- Damping Factor – 100
- Input Sensitivity: MM – 2.2 mV / 47 kOhm
- Signal to Noise Ratio: MM – 83 dB
- Input Sensitivity: High level – 200 mV / 20 kOhm
- Signal to Noise Ratio: High level – 102dB (2V input)
There are no reviews yet.